Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

"Doug" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Still, if you're thrifty, it's hard to trash something that hasn't failed
for a gradual payback on your electric bill. It's so much nicer when

they
cooperate by dying a quick, expensive to repair, death.

Agreed. I couldn't see myself buying a big screen tv but the death of
my old large heavy Sony made it a bit easy to swallow Of
course I like the new tv much better but honestly if the old one was
still working, I'd probably still be using it. I'm cheap but like to
say practical instead. Besides I still have 2 daughters that
regardless of age, don't mind asking me for money or favors.

I nursed an RCA color TV for 25 years until adjustments could no longer
correct the ever-enlarging image and the ever decreasing color saturation.
It was still working when I curbed it. The difference between old CRT TV's
and equal sized LCD/LED units is pretty impressive. So is the picture.

--
Bobby G.