Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

"Doug" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:37:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Very seriously, please try to find someone in your life who is

experienced
with electricty. You already should know that electricity is dangerous,

and
house power can kill you. Or kill someone else. Have that other person

show
you some of the simple measurements. To answer your question, no, you

can't
measure amps with two volt meters.

You're right but I like to learn and I'm not afraid of dying.

That's the pioneer spirit that made this country great! (-:

Seriously, though, the Kill-a-watt is exactly the right tool for this job.
Once you've used one, you'll see.

BTW, I long ago made up a test outlet box with isolated hot and neutral
wires and banana jacks on the side of the outlet box with a bypass switch
that allowed me to use either a clamp-on ammeter or a multimeter "direct
wire" connection. I never use it anymore since I got the Kill-a-watt.

--
Bobby G.