Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

On 2012-04-10, Doug wrote:

On a side note, things that I was once told were to last so many
years, more recently I'm told those same things last perhaps half (or
less) as long nowadays.... ie: washing machines, hot water heaters,
refrigs come to mind. That's sad in my opinion.

Three things have rendered reliability out: planned obsolescence,
bottom-line cheapness, disposability. It jes doesn't pay to make a
long lasting quality product or repair products than be purchased new
for less. No incentive for the user to purchase a new one. Seen any
TV/radio repair shops, lately?

--
vi --the heart of evil!