Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:59:19 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

" writes:

As I reported previously, I replaced a 27 year old
fridge a year ago. Prior to doing that, I used a killawatt
meter for a few days on it. It was using $180 a year
in electricity. I measured the new one after it stabilized.
It uses $95. The EPA calculator that estimates savings
had predicted the old one was using more like $275.
So, my conclusions we

You can save a decent amount on energy that will
help pay for a new fridge/freezer,

Crap. Our freezer is getting close to 40 years old.
I was hoping to never buy another one.

Well if you are old enough, you might get your wish !!!