Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/Digi....htm?PID=55996
From what I can tell here, this meter will measure AC amps up to 10 amps
scale. I've got a similar meter, I've used the AC amps scale for reading
HVAC thermostat and gas valve. Refrigerator is typically about 5 amps, at
least the new ones.

If it were me, I'd not risk a good Fluke meter on an old freezer. I'd go buy
a HF ammeter, less likely to break your good Fluke.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Doug" wrote in message

I should have said multimeter not voltmeter... my mistake.
Specifically can the Fluke 117 do it using it's amp meter?

I know some are wondering how is a Fluke 117 in my hands with my lack
of knowledge but let's just say that the price was too good to not buy
.... and no I didn't steal it, got it on ebay new.