Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

On 2012-04-10, Art Todesco wrote:

years ago. It is a little noisy, but it's been that way for 38 year,
except now it is in a place were I can hear it more.

I wouldn't trust energy stats, specially those provided by
manufacturers. Ask your energy company for a real world cost
break-down. Also, yer current freezer has lasted for 38 yrs. I, too,
had a 30+ yr old refrigerator and 25+ yr old wshr/dryr set. They made
'em to last, didn't they!

Will you actually save money by purchasing new? My mom's last new
refrigerator lasted only 5 yrs before dying an unrepairable death.
That's jes about the time she would have started realizing some cost
savings, but then had to buy a new one. Her current one, about 5 yrs
old, jes blew a fan motor. Repairs cost over $200. Of her two chest
freezers, both less than 10 yrs old, one jes died. The other got
eaten by a bear (no kidding!).

Me? I'd stick with something that works.

me

--
vi --the heart of evil!