Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Jack wrote in :

*snip*

The last sheet of ply I bought from HD was super good. I was looking
for some junk 3/4" ply for the bottom of my lumber rack. They had junk
at $18 a sheet, but they also had a big stack of good stuff on sale for
$23. One look and I knew $5 more was well worth it. I felt guilty
using that quality of wood for the bottom of my lumber rack, but forced
myself to do it:-) They didn't have of that again, that I saw.

*snip*

Every once in a while they'll buy some good plywood and sell it for an
excellent price. It's worth a look when you're in the store. If your HD
has a cull cart, that's worth a look as well. (Just don't pick over the
cart at my local store until I've had a chance! :-))

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.