Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

tiredofspam wrote:
Sorry, I don't agree.

There have been many decisions to water down brands to save money.

Yes - sometimes. But not all of the time, which is what is implied by "MBA
Think".

Without going into a long dissertation, the MBA takes the choice away,

Bull****. That has happened - but it is by no means the rule. I have
worked in too many environments where the MBA's were not the culprits but
the market dictated similar results.

they don't add to the choices.

It is not their job to do so. Blame those who should have been responsible
for that.

Since they are all taking the quality
away

Bull**** again. That is just pure bull****. It is so easy to blame MBA's
while we conveniently ignore the consumer desire for throw away, cheap
products...

and making it cheaper (not less expensive)

That has always been an objective of business

, what used to be
common place, is now no longer to be found.

So - just exactly what is it that used to be common place?

Good??? maybe for some
bottom lines. But not good in general. The downward spiral can not
be stopped.

Nice rhetoric, but what does that mean?

We are lacking talent, because we have made it so. Yes the consumer is
partly responsible,

Partly? How about "Mostlyh"?. Look how often you hear people here bitching
about price. Sure - they say they'd be willing to pay for quality, but
there is always a reason why that quality is not worth their opening their
pockets. The consumer is a very large part of this equation.

but the MBA is responsible

Bull**** - this is getting old. Do you really have any experience with
MBA's in a manufacturing environment, besides reading about such things as
GM 20 years ago?

, and so is corporate
America (kills free thinking and ingenuity) . So I think each gets a
third of the pie.

But - you emphasize the MBA as the culprit...

--

-Mike-