Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Non-black version of "The Talk"

Yep, that was a slang test. Oh, well. Just goes to show. Most good writers
can get the answer they want, if they slant the question enough.

Well, maybe you would have been an excellent surgeon?

The syringes with the LRT sound fun. I've used syringes with 16 ga needle
for dispensing grease or antioxidant. Bench grinder, and flatten the tip of
the needle, so it's no longer injection device.

Used to go to college with a farm boy, who gave me some plastic syringes.
The use em on the farm for putting penicillin into cow teats.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Most of what I remember about those type of tests were the math &
science questions. I got the highest score in Science & Mechanics in
the school district one year. I shared the top spot in math with two
other kids.

I don't remember anything that was something that any other group
shouldn't know. Just things that a well rounded Jr. high & High school
student should know. I don't know the scores on the later tests,
because I never asked to see them. I do remember the guidance
counselors trying to push me into fields I wasn't interested in, and
repeatedly telling me that I shouldn't waste my time with electronics,
because I was too smart. I had no interest in medicine or law, even
though a nurse watched me repairing some electronics in their office and
said, "You should have been a surgeon! You do better work that several
doctors I've worked with." She also questioned why I had a scalpel,
Forceps and syringes in my toolbox. I explained how each item was used
in repairing delicate electronics, and she laughed. She excused herself
and came back with a handful of old surgical tools and gave them to me.
I left that day with a box of 100 new insulin syringes that had been
ordered for a patient, and they had ordered the wrong size. I drilled
out the end of them to insert a piece of red spray tube. Then I used
them for electronics chemicals. I gave away about half of them, and
used the others for decades.