Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Non-black version of "The Talk"

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think I do. Which is what makes the negro IQ test so tough for whites.

That wasn't an IQ test, it was a 'Slang Test'.

Most of what I remember about those type of tests were the math &
science questions. I got the highest score in Science & Mechanics in
the school district one year. I shared the top spot in math with two
other kids.

I don't remember anything that was something that any other group
shouldn't know. Just things that a well rounded Jr. high & High school
student should know. I don't know the scores on the later tests,
because I never asked to see them. I do remember the guidance
counselors trying to push me into fields I wasn't interested in, and
repeatedly telling me that I shouldn't waste my time with electronics,
because I was too smart. I had no interest in medicine or law, even
though a nurse watched me repairing some electronics in their office and
said, "You should have been a surgeon! You do better work that several
doctors I've worked with." She also questioned why I had a scalpel,
Forceps and syringes in my toolbox. I explained how each item was used
in repairing delicate electronics, and she laughed. She excused herself
and came back with a handful of old surgical tools and gave them to me.
I left that day with a box of 100 new insulin syringes that had been
ordered for a patient, and they had ordered the wrong size. I drilled
out the end of them to insert a piece of red spray tube. Then I used
them for electronics chemicals. I gave away about half of them, and
used the others for decades.