Silvan

Default Harbor Freight 6" jointer

Bruce wrote:

are flat to each other and the fence is flat. My complaint is the fence
mechanism. The entire fence is supported by the right end and when you
loosen it to set an angle, it just flops all over, raises up when you
tighten the nut, etc. The mechanism to stop at 90 degrees seems too
flimsy to be trustworthy.

Sounds a lot like my new Delta JT160. I haven't figured out what to do
about that yet, but the fence is seriously questionable.

Power seems adequate. The dust chute works but I'm stuck having to fab
something to connect my dust collector. I also cut a few rabbets and that
worked very well also.

My chute doesn't work. It jams up and then shavings start spewing out the
motor vent holes. Gotta do something about that.

Maybe I shouldda bought the HF. Especially if it happens to have cast iron
tables. These aluminum tables didn't seem like as bad of an idea in the
store as they have proven to be in the flesh.

Sure gets things flat fast though, and without all the sweat. I think I
like it.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/