Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default To PTFE, or not to PTFE?

In article , Michael
Kilpatrick writes
On 09/04/2012 21:31, Heliotrope Smith wrote:
Michael wrote in
:

As there is a washer supplied with the FI adaptor then that would
be sufficient for the job.
If you don't trust the washer alone then you could put a few wraps
of tape on the male thread but don'nt over do it.About eight turns
would be enough. You should rough up the thread first with a file
or hacksaw blade.

Thanks to both replies. Well, it's assembled with no assistance and no
roughing up. However, it's a doddle to undo (and easy to drain with the
pump powered down) so I could easily apply some silicone to the washer,
some PTFE, and a bit of roughing up.

Glad you're sorted.

Whatever you do I would not rough up anything.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .