Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Non-black version of "The Talk"

On 4/9/2012 10:07 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 07:08:17 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 8, 7:07 pm, George wrote:

You didn't do anything to dispute the fact that there is no claim of
racial superiority in Derbyshire's piece, not-so-fast eddie.

The web site referenced is extremely slow. So I did not read " The
Talk " until today.

There is a lot of statements about IQ differences between blacks and
whites. While I think that there are some differences , I do not
think the differences are close to being as large as Derbyshire
claims. The book " The Bell Curve " has statistics that are probably
more accurate.

Much of " The Talk " is reasonable, but the claim of differences in IQ
are to me a unwarranted claim of racial superiority.

Dan

Derbyshire, like Murray and Lawrence Summers (in his speech about
women in high-end science and engineering jobs -- the one that cost
him the presidency of Harvard University), glissades back and forth
between statistics and individualism to weave an argument that can be
difficult to pick apart. It's an intellectual corruption, but that's
par for the course.

You illiberal white "liberal" racists simply deny that there is any
validly measured difference in mean IQ between blacks and whites.

At least Derbyshire warns us by asserting that he's a racist -- he
thinks that blacks are inherently inferior.

No, nowhere does he say that. He is using "racist" as you leftists
typically use it, *not* to mean that he thinks blacks are inferior. He
doesn't like blacks, and he says so. By the definition you personally
have given of "racism", that does not make him racist. It makes him a
bigot.

That's the belief that informs his polemics.

Bull****. You're just lying.

When you start with that belief,

Which he doesn't...

and if you're a
good essayist (he is), you can convince the unwary that the moon is
made of cheese.

Get back to the point. There is a statistically significant difference
in the mean IQ of whites and blacks. What about it?

Leave out your left-wing ideological bull****, and just address that fact.