Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Beginning of 2012 shatters records for heat

"Ignoramus4025" wrote in message
Even setting aside the global warming, I am very worried, how the hell
I and my people are supposed to work this summer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...tml?tid=pm_pop

http://goo.gl/wEhuC

WASHINGTON ?" It?Ts been so warm in the United States this year,
especially in March, that national records weren?Tt just broken, they
were deep-fried.

Temperatures in the lower 48 states were 8.6 degrees above normal for
March and 6 degrees higher than average for the first three months of
the year, according to calculations by the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration. That far exceeds the old records.

( David Goldman / Associated Press ) - FILE - In this March 25, 2012,
file photo a couple enjoy a sunny afternoon against the backdrop of
the Midtown skyline from Piedmont Park in Atlanta. The lower 48 states
were 8.6 degrees above normal for March and 6 degrees higher than
average for the first three months of the year, according to
calculations by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration,
with both March and the first three months of the year far exceeding
the country?Ts old records.
The magnitude of how unusual the year has been in the U.S. has alarmed
some meteorologists who have warned about global warming. One climate
scientist said it?Ts the weather equivalent of a baseball player on
steroids, with old records obliterated.

?oEverybody has this uneasy feeling. This is weird. This is not
good,? said Jerry Meehl, a climate scientist who specializes in
extreme weather at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in
Boulder, Colo. ?oIt?Ts a guilty pleasure. You?Tre out enjoying this
nice March weather, but you know it?Ts not a good thing.?

In Australia we've just had the hottest summer on record on the west coast
and the some of the worst floods on record on the east coast. At times 3/4
of some of the eastern states were under water.

Tomorrow we are expecting a hot 35C/95F. Normally we'd be expecting say
22C/70F and maybe some rain.

But who cares, Australia's sold a **** load of coal and gas real cheap to
the Chinese.......