Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default proper ratchet screwdriver

On Apr 9, 10:33*am, stuart noble wrote:
On 08/04/2012 21:24, Adam Aglionby wrote:

On Apr 8, 7:46 pm, stuart *wrote:
On 08/04/2012 18:04, Geoff Pearson wrote:

"Andy *wrote in message
et.uk...
On 08/04/2012 06:27, Geoff Pearson wrote:
If the Yankee is pump action then nothing. Sorry.

Why not?

Andy

no control - jumps out of screw and ruins work.

Lock the pump bit then. Still a whopping ratchet driver

Spiralux yankee`s were much more robust than Stanleys

Cheers
Adam

Yes, my Stanley's only been around for about 40 years :-)

One of my first jobs was fixing seats in a rock venue, they needed
fixing a lot.

Stanley tools in general are decent quality but Spiralux Yankee`s
easily outlived the Stanleys that tended to launch the ratchet out the
tube after some abuse. Cordless tools were just a fantasy at the time.

Looking it up Spiralux Tools Ltd was re-registered in 1997 , currently
dormant but leads to Spear and Jackson`s site.

Cheers
Adam