Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Screwcutting Gear Ratio Calculator Threading Screw Cutting Lathe Gear Selector

I have a Smithy 1220XL, but it's been in a crate for the past couple of
years.

If one of the headstock case Hi/Low selector positions is 1:1, a gear
calculator should werk.. I can't say for sure.

Maybe you could send a copy of the chart to the metalworking dropbox:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox.html

--
WB

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:29:35 -0400, Wild_Bill wrote:

This calculator offers numerous options to suit several different
lathes.

http://www.imagesalad.com/lathenovic...athegears.html

http://lathenovice.wordpress.com/

Interesting, but wouldn't work with my Smithy, which has a gearbox
between the change gears and the lead screw (said gearbox having a fast/
slow lever that changes the ratio by 2:1).

I've just got a chart of all possible combinations, with most of the
repeats winnowed out.