Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default OT PC Backup

In article om, brass
monkey writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article m, brass
monkey writes

I find imaging to a USB drive is useful for me. If it goes tits-up, rather
than finding out why, I just recover the image and I have the machine back
up in ~10mins.

If you mean taking regular images, I think that's ok unless the system
drive is going bad and you restore an image with some corrupt files in the
system or the apps that result in instability in the restored system.

You're also restoring the bloat that inevitably accumulates in a windows
system that people are playing with and installing bits & pieces on.

O yes, definitely need to keep track of the images. I always keep the
original image, (the one which is about 500 updates behind)
I prolly make an image (3 copies) maybe 6 monthly. Any probs and I can
always use the original.
I keep all data (bookmarks, OE store, docs & settings, nbpro store etc) on
D: and image that also.
I double backup the NAS to USB drives using ViceVersa.
It's all crazy cos if I lost the lot I doubt I could list what it all was

Btw, how is that OCD therapy going ;-)
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .