Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT PC Backup

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Wesley" wrote in message
o.uk...
Can I use something like this to backup my PC. Its making funny
noises at the moment and I would like to back up the hard disc
including the OS. I'm using Windows XP.

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/product/32...isk_34766.html

Yes, as long as it's big enough to hold all your stuff.

I have never seem thepoint of backing up a nasty windows equipped
unreliable PC onto something even nastier cheaper and more unreliable,
frankly.

Just remember that you need to "clone" your C: drive if you want to copy
your OS onto another drive to use as you were before. This creates an
exact copy, if you just drag and drop the files from C: to a backup and
then onto a new C: , it won't boot or work properly.

and how hard it is to achieve it.