Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default The left-wing obsession with race

On 4/4/2012 6:11 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

On 4/4/2012 2:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Does this surprise you? It shouldn't. An ideologue or a mindless
extremist is always a little nutty and kind of vicious. That's what
happens when you depart much from the center.

Notice, for example, how much calmer I am than you. d8-)

That's only because you haven't had the misfortune of having been
engaged with him in a "discussion". If you had you would likely be
resting from your stroke right now. Just for your personal information
you should know he's been blabbing repeatedly that you aren't even a
republican. I tried to tell him you were an old fashioned Rockefeller
republican but he insists you are nothing but a RHINO. When he says
something like that there's no arguing with him. That's what you are,
period! Try this one out for size, he's convinced I'm a dilettante. Me,
a dilettante! Like Dick Martin of Rowan and Martin used to say, "I
didn't know that!".

Hawke

dil·et·tante
[dil-i-tahnt, dil-i-tahnt, -tahn-tey, -tan-tee]
Show IPA noun, plural -tantes, -tan·ti [-tahn-tee]
Show IPA, adjective
noun
1.a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for
amusement, especially in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler.

Nope, I don't think that describes you.
You don't give it enough attention or effort to be a dilettante.

Except for one critical thing. You're like Sgt. Schultz. YOU KNOW
NOTHING! So forget about anything you say, it's just guessing on your
part and you have no clue as to the reality of things.

Hawke