mich

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

They have just started a curbside recycling system in my area and I have
been delivered of a series of coloured sacks for separating out materials
( tins and cans, textiles, and newspapers).
This is a complicated system because in addition I have to put all glass
jars in a separate carrier ( presumably a recycled one for the supermarket.
All other rubbish is still collected weekly and most folks here ( including
me) use black bin sacks ( I have a dustbin outside I put this into also)
Recycling bags are collected fortnightly.
It is not a tub or bin system like in other places I have been.

So, how do people cope?

I currently have two half filled sacks gracing the kitchen! They are under
foot and in the way!
I have nowhere to store them. The kitchen is not big enough to take any
extra waste bins ( I have one large pedal bin in a corner.

Any suggestions as to how I can set up a system for storing these bl**dy
bags? Looking at the size and speed they are filling, each bag is likely to
take at least a month to fill for me, so they have to hang around that long.
I cant keep tripping over them. I am getting fed up and soon , I'll sling
the SOB's out and S*D the saving the earth!
Anyone solved such a problem?

( remember there are three of them and I already have a bin in the kitchen
for "normal" waste, I cant think of a feasible way of having three large bin
containers in my kitchen and there is no space outside either)