Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default proper ratchet screwdriver

On 05/04/2012 14:25, Geoff Pearson wrote:
Is it still possible buy a proper ratchet screwdriver that doesn't have
interchangeable tips and a handle that rips skin after the third screw?
I don't want a powered tool either. I can see some antiques on eBay but
nothing new even from a junk maker like Draper.

I'm all for tradition, but I'd never go back to one. Do you stick with
traditional slotted screws? (Permitted for antique repair, of course,
but then I'd use a normal screwdriver).

Since I never throw anything away I must have a Yankee somewhere, and a
couple of loose bits. Hands up who else remembers Barry Bucknell.