Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default proper ratchet screwdriver

On 05/04/2012 15:32, Geoff Pearson wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
What is wrong with interchangable bits?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
Is it still possible buy a proper ratchet screwdriver that doesn't
have interchangeable tips and a handle that rips skin after the third
screw? I don't want a powered tool either. I can see some antiques on
eBay but nothing new even from a junk maker like Draper.

They fall out and get lost and you can never get the same turning force
on them. When the right antique turns up on eBay, I will buy it. It is
much easier to work on old things, like houses and furniture, with the
tools that made them in the first place (accepting that ratchets are
only 75 years old).

Even the old style have interchangeable bits

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp...ferrer=froogle

I still use my original Stanley Yankee now and again