Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement battery?

Davey wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:15:08 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Well, it can be very satisfying to open up a piece of kit to find a
bunch of normal ni cads inside the case and replace them with
something more modern and get it back for a few more years.
Brian

This is a pack, 3.6 volts, that looks as though a replacement could be
made up very easily, if only I knew where to go for such. In the US,
you just look for your local branch of Batteries-R-Us, and they make up
the pack as required, and even install and check it. I haven't found a
local branch here in East Anglia, though....

very low volatge that..

Three nickel cells.

www.overlander.co.uk is an expensive way to buy cells: there are cheaper
ones.

BUT IIRC quality sub C sized Nicads (it will be nicad if its that old)
will be about 2-4 quid each.

Hmm. they seem to have almost entirely discontinued Nicads.

If the charger is designed for Nicad, it mau not be safe on NiMh..in
which case bin it as you wont be able to find Nicads easily at all.

and how hard it is to achieve it.