Posted to uk.d-i-y
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement battery?

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:27:23 +0100
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Davey writes:
I have an old Bosch cordless screwdriver, whose battery has died
of old age. Bosch can't/won't help, can anyone recommend someone
who might be able to help? Or should I just trash it?

Unless there's something special about it, it's unlikely to be
economic to have it repaired unless you can do it yourself and
write-off the time taken.

How old is it, and any idea what type of rechargable battery it
takes? I have replaced the NiCDs in my old B&D a couple of times,
but I really like it and they don't make them like that anymore.

+1 replacing cells is fiddly time consuming and surprisingly
expensive. The battery is the major cost of a new drill. So unless it
is a 'don't make them like that anymore' just get a new one.

It was a bequest, amongst lots of tools, from a friend who died, so
I don't have any attachment to it other than that. It will get recycled.
Thanks for the feedback.

If its 12 volt send it to me. The chuck is broken on the old 12 volt
Ingersoll cordless that I converted to corded to run from a car battery.

Mike