Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default The left-wing obsession with race

Hawke wrote:

On 4/4/2012 2:49 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Does this surprise you? It shouldn't. An ideologue or a mindless
extremist is always a little nutty and kind of vicious. That's what
happens when you depart much from the center.

Notice, for example, how much calmer I am than you. d8-)

That's only because you haven't had the misfortune of having been
engaged with him in a "discussion". If you had you would likely be
resting from your stroke right now. Just for your personal information
you should know he's been blabbing repeatedly that you aren't even a
republican. I tried to tell him you were an old fashioned Rockefeller
republican but he insists you are nothing but a RHINO. When he says
something like that there's no arguing with him. That's what you are,
period! Try this one out for size, he's convinced I'm a dilettante. Me,
a dilettante! Like Dick Martin of Rowan and Martin used to say, "I
didn't know that!".

Hawke

dil·et·tante
[dil-i-tahnt, dil-i-tahnt, -tahn-tey, -tan-tee]
Show IPA noun, plural -tantes, -tan·ti [-tahn-tee]
Show IPA, adjective
noun
1.a person who takes up an art, activity, or subject merely for
amusement, especially in a desultory or superficial way; dabbler.

Nope, I don't think that describes you.
You don't give it enough attention or effort to be a dilettante.

jk