Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Replacement battery?

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 19:27:23 +0100
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Davey writes:
I have an old Bosch cordless screwdriver, whose battery has died
of old age. Bosch can't/won't help, can anyone recommend someone
who might be able to help? Or should I just trash it?

Unless there's something special about it, it's unlikely to be
economic to have it repaired unless you can do it yourself and
write-off the time taken.

How old is it, and any idea what type of rechargable battery it
takes? I have replaced the NiCDs in my old B&D a couple of times,
but I really like it and they don't make them like that anymore.

+1 replacing cells is fiddly time consuming and surprisingly
expensive. The battery is the major cost of a new drill. So unless it
is a 'don't make them like that anymore' just get a new one.

It was a bequest, amongst lots of tools, from a friend who died, so
I don't have any attachment to it other than that. It will get recycled.
Thanks for the feedback.
--
Davey.