Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

Rod & BJ Jacobson wrote:
"Lee Michaels"leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
b.com...
snip
I could probably get by with a can of compressed air. I have a small
vacuum cleaner which will do an OK job cleaning. But I need some
compressed air to get everything really clean. I need something small,
quiet and not scary to tool phobic office workers (or wives). Any
suggestions?

I was thinking of the baby compressors that run artist's air brushes. But
did not think they were powerful enough. Maybe even a fireplace bellows
may work. I looked at a small compressor from Harbor Freight and was
assured that it was very noisy. So that won't work. Maybe I am asking
too much, inexpensive, quiet and effective. Any input from you guys would
be appreciated.

Taking the PC box to a compressor takes care of the noise /dust in a office
issue.

A portable air storage tank($20) takes care of the noise in a office issue
and avoids needing extra lengths of hose when used around the house.....if
you don't have a compressor to fill it, borrow some air from a friend who
does. For little jobs it is also easier to carry around than even most small
compressors

When using a compressor or tank to clean your PC make sure you hold the fan
blades still so you don't spin out the bearings....usually a screw driver
works fine.

To each his own, but that sound like a strangle place to put a
screwdriver. How about just holding them with your finger (s)?

Rod