Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default What Good Can a Handgun Do Against an Army.....?

"Richard" wrote

Starvation happens rather quickly when the shelves go empty.
Within scant weeks disease blossoms.
Even those who thought they were safe and prepared fall.

I can see that preparation and stocking will give some people a little more
time. But after the siege mentality, it's a waiting game. At least the
seigers can hunt and gather. The thought of being in a besieged city in the
middle ages, and them throwing rotten cows or dead humans over the walls
into the city with trebuchets somewhat unnerves me when it comes to some of
these preppers thinking they can hold out.

Yes, if not assaulted, they may have food and provisions to hold out long
enough to make a difference in the final result. But there are going to be
lots of people trying to come in, and you can only go without sleep so long,
and you can only be lucky so long, too.

Steve