Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:12:50 -0400, Bill wrote:

Steve Turner wrote:
On 4/3/2012 2:36 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Lee Michaels"leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net writes:

I could probably get by with a can of compressed air.

Indeed. If your computer is in an environment where blowing it out
more than every 6 months is necessary, move the computer or clean up
the environment.

Compressor is way overkill.

Disagree. I've used canned air several times on computers with marginal
results, then took a 40 PSI blow gun from a compressor to the very same
computer and blew out all kinds of residual crap that the canned air
couldn't touch.

There's a point at which you'll start blowing components off the boards.
I'm not sure where that point is and am not sure I'd want to find out
the hard way.

40 PSI isn't anywhere close.
I like an "excellerator" blow gun - it has a venturi and a small
amount of high velocity air moves a WHOLE LOT of not quite so high
velocity air - doing an excellent job.