Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Screwcutting Gear Ratio Calculator Threading Screw CuttingLathe Gear Selector

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:29:35 -0400, Wild_Bill wrote:

This calculator offers numerous options to suit several different
lathes.

http://www.imagesalad.com/lathenovic...athegears.html

http://lathenovice.wordpress.com/

Interesting, but wouldn't work with my Smithy, which has a gearbox
between the change gears and the lead screw (said gearbox having a fast/
slow lever that changes the ratio by 2:1).

I've just got a chart of all possible combinations, with most of the
repeats winnowed out.

http://www.wescottdesign.com