Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Raspberry Pi - Compliance Update

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:06:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So you think 18+V is not going to affect the Pi chips then.
You really are stupid.

what 18v would that be dennis? the 18v in your mind?

I was wondering that as well. The voltage used to detect the "I'm PoE
capeable" resistor is 2.7 to 10.1v. The full supply voltage, which is
some what higher than 18v, is not supplied until there has been some
handshaking.

Well I know that some of them just put ~18V out without any detection.
It won't harm any correctly implemented Ethernet device and it just isn't
worth it for cheap devices.
Have a look at any PoE plug in adapter.