Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default coping with stairs

On Apr 2, 9:06*pm, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:

Climbing gear includes a lot of accessories that are useful around the
house:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-climbing_equipment

In this case you might look into a figure 8 descender.

I use to do a fair bit of caving when I lived in Alabama. I knew Cole
who invented the rack and made myself a rack which I used when doing
vertical caving. I was in the party that finally got to the bottom of
23 dollar pit. 23 Dollar pit has a total of about 400 feet of
vertical caving in three places.

Here is a picture of a rack. Hard to believe anyone would pay over
$100 for one. When I was caving people made their own from 3/8 inch
dia mild steel rod from Hopper Hardware in Huntsville. I welded the
eye on mine, but most made the eye by wrapping the rod around itself a
couple of times.

http://www.smcgear.net/smc-products?...562&vmcchk= 1

And here is a mention of 23 dollar pit.

http://www.stationr.org/caving/23dollar.htm