Greg Millen

Default Dangerous Strippers in shop

"Conan the Librarian" wrote in message ...
I forget where I read Larry's take on finetuning a smoother, but I
know he has been a longtime contributor to the Oldtools list. (You
can check out the archives at
http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle/archive/) He also has some
technique articles on his website.

Chuck, thanks for posting that link. I read up on the grinding of chisels
and plane irons section and was pleased to find that a grey wheel is still
recommended for rough grinding. I'd almost let the village whisperers
convince me that I *had* to have a white or pink wheel, but I have always
got by with a mix of grey carborundum wheels and water stones (being careful
with the heat, obviously).

I'll read some more later.

Greg