Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14985 Ignoramus14985 is offline

Default Okay, geniuses .............

On 2012-04-02, Steve B wrote:
I may be getting involved in some gold stuff up in Nome, Alaska.

I need to research induced liquefaction.

WIKI: In geology, liquefaction refers to the process by which saturated,
unconsolidated sediments are transformed into a substance that acts like a
liquid.
Earthquakes can cause soil liquefaction where loosely packed, water-logged
sediments come loose from the intense shaking of the earthquake.

end of wiki.

Induced would mean it could be caused at will and controlled.

I need to be able to create a vibratory pulse at the end of a tube from 6 to
90 feet underwater. I am considering some sort of water hammer type based
device. Air could also be used, but that would probably require some sort
of end device which the air would drive. Water is incompressible, and air
would be, so the water hammer idea may work better.

Any of you have any bright ideas, or are interested in getting in on any
gold mining in Nome?

I would be interesting in gold mining in Illinois.

As for vibration, I like the compressed air idea.