Pounds on Wood

Default Baldor vs. Leeson, Unisaw replacment motors.

Aluminum windings? Just a guess.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"David Eisan" wrote in message
Afternoon All,

Time to rebuild one of my fleet of Unisaws and I am debating what motor to
put in it.

I have a 4hp Leeson (pn#120998) in one of my Uni's but this time I think I
will go with a 3hp Baldor (pn#WWLl3606).

One funny tidbit is that the 3hp Baldor weighs in at 74lbs and the 3hp
Leeson weighs in at 51lbs. Even the 4hp Leeson at 62lbs does not weigh as
much as the 3hp Baldor.

Does anyone know why one weighs so much more than the other?

Any general comments about Baldor vs. Leeson?

Has anyone used the Baldor Unisaw motor?

Thanks,

David.