larrymoencurly

Default Ryobi - lousy local warranty service, no parts in stock?

How good or bad is the Ryobi authorized service center in your area?

The one closest to me, Buck Brothers Lawnmower Service, in Glendale,
Arizona, doesn't even carry batteries for the most common Ryobi drills
and has to order them. That wasn't a problem for me because I have a
spare battery and use my drill only around the house, but anyone who
needs their cordless drill for work may find this kind of warranty
service to be useless because down time is costlier than a new
battery. In comparison, the local DeWalt service center seems to have
almost everything in stock.

I asked Ryobi why they allowed their service centers to be so lousy,
and they told me that they don't set standards for them and that their
"master parts distributors" were responsible for overseeing their
service centers. This seems like a terrible way to maintain
standards.