Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Attn. Tom Gardner, injuries from cheap grill brushes,

"anorton" wrote in message
m...

"Delvin Benet" ýt wrote in message
On 3/28/2012 12:52 PM, anorton wrote:
Tom, you should publicize this to customers who have switched or are
thinking of switching to cheap imported grill brushes.

Your story link doesn't say anything about the brushes being either
"cheap" or "imported", asshole.

I think by definition, grill brushes that shed wires are cheap even if not
inexpensive. Given that this is a recent phenomenon and Tom has been
complaining of cheap imported grill brushes flooding the market, am I
really an asshole to make this assumption?

I dislike Tom's politics and general attitudes towards society as much
anyone here, but if his company makes brushes that do not injure people,
then I see it as a public service to help keep them on the market.

They can
seriously harm customers. One emergency room saw six cases in 18 months

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0328142807.htm

Makes you want to chew your burger very well before swallowing.

Anyone can take anything and hurt themselves. I've picked out dozens of
pieces of wire from all over my body from the small $20 cup knot Makita
brushes, and I'd call that a "decent" brush.

Oh, did I mention that I have the presence of mind to use my face shield
every time I use a high rpm brush?

Others can and will do as they want. I don't wish blindness on anyone, even
an asshole.

Steve