Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Charcoal rack

I need to make a charcoal rack for a big burner. The thing will be about 2
x 3 feet. A couple have been made before, and they deform hideously. What
would be good materials to make them from? I got some HEAVY expanded metal,
but want to build a dirt screen out of that. I have some light stuff, but I
know that will deform. And I have several modern bed rail frames (angle)
that might work if I put enough struts in the thing.

What would you use? This is just for cooking burgers and franks, about four
hours at a time, don't need nothing costly or fancy, just get tired of this
POS we got.

Steve