Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Black and Decker Bandsaw 9411 Type I

You always round the back of the blade.
I don't know of any manufacturer that does it for you. I always do it
with a diamond file. Most just use a band saw stone (small stone mounted
on a handle) but I found some small diamond stones that were about the
same price and they were super fine, fine, and medium and they do a nice
job. I pad $12 for the little paddles so it was about even, and I get
more use from the super fine in touching up router bits.

On 3/29/2012 4:17 PM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:13:00 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
The books I read suggested rounding the back of the blade with a stone
to make it easier to cut curves.

Not only that, it often reduces the drift.

Is this something that is already done for you on quality blades or is
it something that should be done by every band saw owner?