Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

On 3/29/2012 2:37 AM, John Carter wrote:
wrote in
:

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin [the deceased] decked the
Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the
unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George
Zimmerman [the non-deceased] and slammed his head into the
sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law enforcement
authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

"That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has
been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say. There have been
no reports that a witness saw that initial punch Zimmerman told
police about. "

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...s-trayvon-mart
in-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-civil-rights-punch

Now contrast the story from the Orlando Sentinel (above) with one
from the Chicago Tribune (below). The latter seems more interested
in the protests over the shooting.

"Martin was killed one month ago today. That's one month of
justice denied, according to protesters who are expected to amass
throughout the day to continue their demand for Zimmerman's arrest
in the Sanford, Fla. case."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...artin-case-201
20326,0,3121664.story

Once again, our president seems to have spoken before all the
facts are in.

Maybe a beer summit can sort it all out.

Don;t know who is telling the truth, but one thing
I know for sure - either Zimmerman wasn't properly
trained in the neighborhood waych program, or he was
ignoring what he waas told. I am a member of our
city neighborhood watch program, and I know for sure that
NO guns permitted. It's the neighborhood WAYCH proram, not
the neighborhood LAW ENFORCENENT program. The police want eyes
and ears out there, not an untrained civilian with sidearms
going after a suspicious character. We operate in pairs and
without weapons. We did disnss a member for bringing a gun to
a watch. Our watch program is now inits seventh year, and during
that time, we have been responsible for many leads leading to arrets.
Our local police department loves the work we do to help them.

The Orlando paper had a story about the Sanford neighborhood watch/PD
roles. Not only is NW NOT supposed to carry weapons, they are not
supposed to PATROL. There is an entirely separate group, trained by PD
and driving marked vehicles, who are supposed to patrol under their program.