Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

Bill Kniess wrote:

Who are you saying here is the defender?

Subverting ? Are you saying we were a lost bunch from the
beginning of the country up to the time this law was
passed?

Marvelous law ? I'm an NRA member, but I have to say that
there was
NO reason to have a law like this enacted. (It was
bankrolled by my
NRA, and for the life of me, cannot find out for what
purpose they
push such legislation).

Hmm. Thirty-one states have some form of Stand Your Ground (SYG) laws. Are
you saying that over 60% of the population passed a law with no reason
behind it? Or is it possible you simply do not understand what three out of
five do?

It is plain and simple nuts. Just
about as
bad as Ohio's law permitting concealed carry in bars.
What? Don't the lawmakers know how easy a fight breaks
out in a bar and someone
gets hit with a pool queue stick ora bottle? What's going
to happen
now with concealed guns? People will be carted out in body
bags rather than on ambulance gurneys.

In my state, we've had the ability to carry concealed where liquor is served
since 1995. There has not been ONE SINGLE case - that I can find - of a CHL
holder shooting another bar patron. You're worried about something that is
so remote as to be absurd. We can also carry concealed in churches,
hospitals, the state capitol, libraries, parks, and the governor's office!
Again, no untoward happenings recorded.

It may be that Texans are more mild-mannered than the folks in your state,
but I suspect the real difference is in your fears versus reality.

Further, if a fight DOES break out, with pool cues and chairs sailing around
like ducks on a bug, I certainly would want to be armed.

If someone was packing, out and about the
town runing erands and whatnot, and someone
looks at them funny, and they think they are
threatened, they have the right under this law
to defend themselves from this looker, even to
the death. Now you think this is a stretch, but
this is real life and anything can and does happen.

There's an old saying: "An armed society frowns on those who look funny."