Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default sign language for animals

Few men have that experience. You have a gentle spirit?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

The communication goes both ways.

I was at the range sighting in a rifle, earmuffs on and concentrating
on steadyness, when I got that I'm Being Watched sensation. Thinking
it was a trespassing kid I unloaded, took off the earmuffs and checked
the road -- no one in sight, no engine sounds.

Okay, maybe I just imagined it. Still, it was a strong feeling, so I
looked all around.

About 30 meters behind me was a yearling deer, staring at me, snapping
at weeds and pretending to dart away like Lets Run and Play.

I talked, whistled and sang to it for a while, which makes deer look
at me with a very puzzled, curious expression, but as soon as I took a
step it raced off at full speed into the brush, presumably expecting
me to follow. Usually when I move my legs after talking to adult deer
that I've approached on wheels they just walk or lope away.

jsw