Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:36:27 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin [the deceased] decked the Neighborhood
Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then
Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman [the non-deceased] and slammed
his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law enforcement
authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

"That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been
corroborated by witnesses, authorities say. There have been no reports that
a witness saw that initial punch Zimmerman told police about. "

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...l-rights-punch

Now contrast the story from the Orlando Sentinel (above) with one from the
Chicago Tribune (below). The latter seems more interested in the protests
over the shooting.

"Martin was killed one month ago today. That's one month of justice denied,
according to protesters who are expected to amass throughout the day to
continue their demand for Zimmerman's arrest in the Sanford, Fla. case."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3121664.story

Once again, our president seems to have spoken before all the facts are in.

Maybe a beer summit can sort it all out.

Aside from all of this, I am surprised our president who is an
attorney from a top notch law school, speaks before knowing all the
facts. As you point out, this is not the first time he's done this.
I'm not much of a beer drinker but I'll be glad to buy if he invites
me to the next beer summit.