Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop heating

I cna believe this with propane, or low sulfur coal.

I guess there is a reason smoke stacks tend to be vertical? Thanks for the
field report, much more valuable than guess and miss.

One friend of mine heated with a wood fire to start, and then dripped in a
mix of kerosene and used crank case oil. He gave up after a couple friends
had them "get away" from them, and burn the place down.

Knew another guy who used used crankcase oil (settle the solids out, and
then use what's on top of the drum) with an oil burner. He'd start it with
fuel oil, switch to used crank case oil. Had to run the gun full time, and
then switch to fuel oil before shut down. Worked, for him.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message

The old fashioned way was to run the stove
pipe
across the room before
you connect up to the chimney. Put a bit of a
slope on it (low end -
stove).

I've just recently retired from the local
volunteer fire dept., the
last seven as chief, and we ran into many of these
long horizontal
runs of pipe and every single one of them were
trouble! The
most horrible creosote makers on earth! One place
even had
coffee cans placed under each joint to catch the
liquid! SCARY!!
Don't do this..... ;)}
phil k.