Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 13:10:42 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:54:07 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

We've had that in a local village for ages and it works far better than
any other method.

Think we have it round here as well, or at least if you ask the local
plod they will get the hairdryer and make a show of using it. Trouble
is the policing has now changed and "our local plod" now cover most
of NE Cumbria...

Hi-viz waist coats hung on gate posts and visible from a distance
work quite well as well. But only for a short while but if they are
moved about the area randomly...

In a village near here they have one of those scarecrow festivals that
seem to be getting more popular. One that on first glance looked like
a speed gun wielding Policeman probably slowed more people down in the
week it was there than any speeding campaign.
What was worrying was the eyesight of drivers who were flashing
headlamp warnings to oncoming motorists That should worry plod as
well,There was a time when a Policeman in his uniform stood out
distinctively ,now with the trend to wear a uniform that in many
cases seems to try and intimidate by looking like SAS Lite anything
with a bit of Hi Viz, bulky waist coat and a hat can look like them.
If anything the scarecrow looked smarter.

G.Harman