Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Harbor Freight Pilgrimage

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 13:09:08 -0400, "ATP"

om...

On 2012-03-25, ATP wrote:
So now we have local HF stores. I visited for the first time
yesterday
acquire a hitch mounted cargo carrier for the purpose of transporting
carboys full of sulfuric acid and other cargo, such as propane tanks,
that
shouldn't ride in the back of an SUV. Although I am currently trying
reduce the amount of commercial/industrial tools and material in my
back
yard, the 1 ton Gantry Crane looked mighty sweet :-) But I think
I'll
wait
and pour a concrete slab area in front of my shop first. Meanwhile
I'm
filling a dumpster and loading a trailer with scrap metal...

How big are those carboys? Say, how many gallons of sulfuric acid are
you planning to carry at any one time?

They're only 5 gallons each and I have two, but this is nasty stuff
that
you
don't want spilling inside a vehicle, or even on a pickup truck bed.
The
smell would probably never leave even if it didn't eat through the
deck.
also plan to use the cargo carrier to carry my wet kiteboarding gear...

If you carry more than 440 lbs of it, you will need a hazmat placard
and have a CDL with hazmat endorsement.

Not likely, it's for cesspool maintenance at my house. $20 per five, it's
the same stuff the cesspool companies use.

I do exactly the same thing once a year, but Ive got a verticle dry
well

Gunner

I made a pipe up for aerating it, it's amazing how the bottom forms a crust.