Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default The new Delta?

On 3/25/2012 10:51 AM, RonB wrote:

firm. About a week later I got a call from one of the support
supervisors. The intent was to apologize and thank me for pointing
out some embarrassing errors in their publication. He admitted that
my jointer shipped after a very recent update and "translation" of
their manuals and they found similar errors in other manuals as well.
A day or so later I received an email to the same effect.

This goes straight to another "translation" issue regarding our food
supply that is of major concern, specifically regarding using the
"organic certification" process for food imported from China.

Apparently, and at least at one point and according a recent on air NPR
interview, the required process itself was never translated into
Mandarin, or any of the myriad other languages where the food is grown.
Consequently the process was basically, and conveniently ignored by the
Chinese, who ingeniously decided, along with complicit third party
inspectors, that simply affixing the “U.S.D.A. organic” label was
sufficient to make it so.

While that may no longer be the case, it certainly casts doubt on the
wisdom of relinquishing control of your food supply without first making
a point of understanding inherent cultural differences regarding what we
think of as morality, honesty and integrity.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010