Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 00:22:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not ignore it. Not everything from China is crap. Some is, some
it not.

Your statement above it too limited. The question is, How much is crap
and how much is not

Sure, there's always going to be some products that function
adequately, but whether they meet the criteria of what one would call
"quality" is another question.

Just the fact that the vast bulk of China's products are able to
compete rather easily in regards to cost should tell you all you most
of what you need to know.

Products made in China or products made in North America? Basically,
it's all made the same from the same materials with similar equipment.
The only possible difference is the cost of manpower. And, considering
that the bulk of most consumer products these days are machine made,
manpower cost is not as much of a factor as it once was.

China can and does take shortcuts with its manufacturing. The controls
and laws in China are very limited compared to North American
standards. Of course, this is just my opinion like every other opinion
here. But, it's not an opinion without basis.