Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

On Mar 23, 10:44*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:54:41 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote:

Another poster suggested that Grizzly had 3rd rank quality control.
Most of Grizzly's machinery is built wotjin ISO certified quality
systems. *I went through ISO certification at my previous employer and
it isn't something that is just handed to a company. *I certainly saw
no lack of quality control in my saw, or the new 15" Grizzly planer I
bought last year.

ISO does not assure high quality. *It assures consistency. *If you
make a high quality product, the next one will be the same as the
last. *If you make a crappy product, the next one will be the same as
the last.

ISO certification means you have policies and procedures to cover *a
series of situations. *Inspections certify that you follow them.

I agree with almost everything said. However a production system that
can produce consistency is usually building quality because it has the
processes and controls to do so. Poor quality often results from
production breaks and inconsistent operations and products.