Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default The new Delta?

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Meantime, we cook up some Pink Slime and think we are getting a good
price on our food bill. I save 5½ a pound at Bargain Mart over the
big Supermart. Yep, pure American made Pink Slime. Just as good as
melamine.

Umm, no. Melamine is a poison when consumed in the quantities they used.
Also, that finely textured beef, aka pink slime is indeed beef in the sense
it is derived from cows. Moreover, we already consume too much red meat (I
find it yummy too), so some dilution with what is basically filler is
really not that bad. Remember, turkey, chicken and so on gets puffed up
with water and chemicals too. Luckily NOT melamine.

NOTE:
I'm not condoning adding pink slime without explicitly stating on the label
that it is added.
--
Best regards
Han